Opportunities for you to fund
If you are looking for a specific conservation project to target with funding, look no further. The trust has a number of projects suitable for direct funding by you. And depending on what you can donate you may even see yourself out there and getting directly involved!
This is guardianship in action - well thought through projects, some complex and costly but all pieces of a big, meaningful, long-term jigsaw puzzle. They need hard work and money. And that's what we make sure happens.
If excess funds are received for any specific project, they may be distributed to other projects.
General donations are just as important as they help to fill any funding gaps in upcoming projects and/or help pay for the small amount of research undertaken by the trust to identify relevant projects.
Where do funds go?
90% goes directly into the projects
This is an important question and one that the Fiordland Conservation Trust Trustees are very keen to ensure is clearly identified. The aim of the Trust is to ensure that at least 90 cents in every dollar goes directly to projects. The Trust works hard to establish a strong funding base that enables that very high amount from sponsorship and donations to go directly into projects. The Trust itself does not undertake any projects. All projects are contracted to appropriate organisations with the relevant qualifications and experience.
10% goes to the administration of the Trust
The Trust employs a manager to undertake the day to day work on a part time basis. This is crucial to ensure transparency and efficiencies, but also to source outside funding from philanthropic organisations, corporate sponsors and businesses, and to maintain the relationships required to ensure these funding partnerships are successful.
And then there are the volunteers
Many of the projects include a high number of volunteers who are dedicated to conservation, and have a great love for the work they are undertaking.
How to donate in general
There are several ways to donate to this trust:
- fill out the donation form and post to us;
- place donations in the donation boxes in and around Te Anau at the Fiordland DOC Visitor Centre and Kepler Car park & Milford Sound;
- download a PDF of our brochure, or pick up a copy, fill out the details and forward to the trust or leave at the Southland District Council office in Te Anau who process these payments on our behalf and issue the receipt - credit card or cheques are accepted;
- make a direct payment into the Fiordland Conservation Trust bank account or pop into your nearest BNZ with our account details (lick on the donations link above to be taken to a page with these details);
- contact the Trust to discuss any form of donation.
All donations to the Trust, big or small, are gratefully received by the Trustees.